If you are planning on changing your fashion style or just want to refresh your wardrobe, then nothing beats sale season. Even if you thought that that one special item was way over budget, you might actually get lucky now.
Spain has two main sale seasons: summer (July) and winter (January), and these are the times that whole families go on a shopping spree, as they want to profit from better prices on all their clothing and shoes.
If you want to come to Barcelona especially for its shopping options, then you might be interested in when winter sale starts. So today, this article by ShBarcelona will let you know the most important details on winter sale in Barcelona.
Related article: Where to Find the Best January Sales
Shopping during winter sale and the best locations
As always, stores with the biggest surfaces usually have the best offers.
El Corte Inglés is one of the most popular stores with many different brands, and you will find some very attractive discounts here. Some items are even at an enormous price reduction of 75%! El Corte Inglés is located at Plaza Cataluña in Eixample and at Avenida Diagonal in Les Corts.
The difference between El Corte Inglés and other fashion brands is the quality you get here. Products that are on sale are still from signature brands, so most shoppers wait for the right moment to get a good price.
And although most of the time buying expensive brand clothing is considered a luxury, if you can buy them at half price, all of a sudden it is not just something only the wealthier people in society can afford. So all you need to do now is remember when winter sale starts, or write it on your calendar.
Of course there are other popular brands in Barcelona, such as the shops from the Inditex group, and these are favourite among many shoppers. During those months of sale in stores, Zara, Massimo Dutti, Stradivarius, H&M, Mango, Pull and Bear and Bershka also have interesting price tags on their fashion items. Some are even below 50%! However, bear in mind that ever since a couple of years, the quality of the garments during sale has not been the same as during the season.
Related article: Shopping Malls Open on Sundays in Barcelona
Just like Madrid, Paris, Amsterdam, London, Rome and New York, Barcelona is one of the most outstanding cities to go shopping when there is sale. We can recommend several streets for your best bargains:
- The neighbourhood of El Born is the perfect place to find alternative clothing. Items sold here really stand out for their originality.
- The neighbourhood of El Gótico, and mainly Avignon Street, has exclusive shops with young designers showing their fashion and other products.
- Paseo de Gracia is one of the most popular streets in the city, but this is where you go for luxury brands.
- Both the streets of Portaferrissa and Portal del Ángel are located in the city centre and close to Plaza Cataluña. Here you will find a little bit of everything, from commercial brands to big companies.
- La Roca Village is the Catalan outlet centre you should visit. This is the place to be for anyone who loves shopping, and it is possible to find, among many other items, clothing and shoes from previous seasons at a really good price. You don’t really need to wait for winter or summer sale at all to get a great deal.
- Shopping centres such as Las Arenas, L’Illa Diagonal, Maremágnum, El Triangle, Glòries and Diagonal Mar have a multitude of shops for you to enjoy lots of promotions and discounts.
Winter sale starts on January 7, so don’t miss the opportunity to do some excellent shopping this season!
What stores in Barcelona do you visit during the winter sale season?
About the author
Daniella enjoys everything the city of Barcelona has to offer. She writes, translates and loves discovering Catalonia and its beautiful nature.